Monday, May 18, 2009

October Sky

I recently watched the movie October Sky in school. I brief outlook of the movie can be found here. There were many connections to science in this movie, such as it had to do with Astronomy, which plays a big role in the science community. In fact, the main character, Homer Hickam, became an astronaut trainer at NASA(National Aeronautics and Space Administration). It had math connections as well, which were highlighted when Homer figured out that they(his friends and himself), could not have started a fire that they were accused of.


What I thought:
I guess it was OK. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but then again, the best movie I've ever seen was Dark Knight, and nothing can beat that. Not even the ever-annoying "twilight". But anyway, October Sky was a little boring. It's not a movie I would want to watch again, but overall, it was all right.

No comments: