Monday, May 4, 2009

Blog Responce

(This is a blog response to CoOkIeMoNsTeR's "Sickle-Cell Anemia" )

Sickle-Cell Anemia is a disease that stops blood from flowing to a certain organ which can cause extreme pain and organ damage. People effected by Sickle-Cell are both male and female, and they are normally African-Americans. 1 in 500 Blacks are effected, and can effect 1 in 36,000 Hispanic children have Sickle-Cell Anemia. In order to form more treatments, doctors need to learn how Sickle-Cell Anemia effects the bones.

What I Think: I feel that it is horrible that this happens to people. It sounds terribly painful and I would never want to go though it myself. In CoOkIeMoNsTeR's blog, she seems to emphasise the pain of the treatments. The question I still have is what is it about these treatments that make it hurt so bad?

No comments: